Jan 27, 2009

Daddy Time

I think growing up without a father from the age of 3 on makes me EXTRA sentimental when it comes to seeing Ella with her daddy. I want to savor the images, drink in every moment and never stop praying for a second that she grows up with her dad in her life.

I believe God has orchestrated Ella's day purposefully. You see, from the time she wakes up until her 5pmish feeding Ella takes nice long naps in her crib or pack n play. But, after her 5pm feeding she won't go down for a nap on her own. She needs to be held. And this conveniently happens to be the time when her daddy comes home. So after he's dropped his stuff and done a little work and settled in, he takes her for some Daddy time and holds her while she sleeps. But miraculously, after her 10pm-ish feeding she always goes right back to sleeping beautifully on her own so we get a good night rest.

So these are the wonderful images I get see every evening and this is the wonderful man and beautiful baby I get to snuggle up to on the couch! Blessed doesn't even begin to describe how I feel! (PS:I love that he's secure enough to wear the sling! :)

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Those are some sweet pictures! She's so lucky to have such a good daddy (and mommy, too!).