Jul 5, 2008

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

I don't even know why I'm blogging right now. I'm completely exhausted! Here's a run down of my week:
Monday - I get the all clear from my wid-wife to paint (only varnish is off limits). A giant burden is lifted from my shoulders as I can now actually DO something.

Tuesday - I sew up a storm and then Jason and I prime the whole basement late into the night.

Wednesday - Jason finally gets his job in writing and I work and then we come home and paint the basement late into the night.

Thursday - I work 10 hours and then finish readying the yardsale stuff.

Friday - Work from 7am to 7am on Sat.

Saturday - I get home from a 24 hour shift at 7:30am, drive around putting up yard-sale signs, lug everything out to our driveway, yard sale all day as well as paint the shutters and refinish a dresser and now I am here. typing. I will take a shower and then help Jason haul everything back into the basement to "stage" it for pictures tomorrow.

So was it all worth it? You tell me. What do you think of the results.Don't be fooled. This is just the front. The back still needs to be completely prepped, primed and painted and the sides still need to be finished being primed and then be painted, but what I thought would be impossible to complete by Monday is actually seeming a little more possible.

It would not have been possible without the help of others! So a GIANT THANK-YOU to all! Jason's parents came up and helped us get the basement trim up, a new door ready to install and much of the trim on the outside of the house scraped and primed.

Then Lisa from Jason's school who loves to paint (bless her heart!) helped to prime the whole front of the house. And Pete from church noticed our crumbly chimney and re-topped it and then painted too!

Next Dennis and Doreen from church and my mom came today and finished painting the whole front of the house and got much of the sides primed! We are overwhelmed with gratitude!

And my mom is probably coming back tomorrow and by brother-in-law is probably coming tomorrow and my two friends Steph and Tara are coming tomorrow! THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU. I really think I would have had a nervous break down without all this help! You all have ministered to us in unbelievable ways with your hands on love!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, It looks awsome! Steves first word was Wow! Very nice curb appeal. Should sell really quickly. Sorry we couldn't help we are painting at home as well....tenant moved out so we are getting it rent ready. Fun!

Esther said...

Glad to hear that you guys got so much done! That is great! We would've been there to help as well, but being that this was the first weekend all summer that we had to work on our house, we did a big trip to Home Depot and are working on finally finishing the living room and dining room. (A MUST before the baby comes!) Anyway, I am glad people were able to help even though we weren't!

Cheryl said...

I can tell you were really tired when you wrote this, and with good reason! You guys have done a terrific job of getting everything done in a very short time, in order to sell your house. And yes, you had many fantastic helpers! I really hope you don't have to move from your wonderful neighborhood, but know that God will work out all the details.
And... for anyone who hasn't seen it in person, the picture doesn't do it justice. The house looks like new when you see it in person!