Jul 7, 2008

House and Baby Belly Update

Well, Sunday 6 people showed up to help paint and let me tell you...they were like machines! Jason had a hard time just keeping up with them as they would finish their task and come to him and say, "What next?" He encouraged them to take breaks but they would simply get their paint or brush or scraper or whatever and go right back to work. They showed up in the morning and worked straight through except for lunch and finished the house by fourish!

I painted the front door, tended the yard sale and played mother to all the little painting maniacs by making sure they had sunscreen, plenty of cold water, snacks and a hearty lunch. I also encouraged breaks but these people were literally machines! Thank a million times over Tara, Steph, Ryan, Dave, Jessie and Chad!

So now we are back to the inside of the house. Our to do list includes, finish the basement trim and small paint work. Finish the trim in the spare room. Make drawer fronts for the island. Hang doors back up. And put in new counter tops in the kitchen. Sure, that seems doable by the open house on Saturday at 11:30 a.m.!

On the baby front, the first stranger recognized I was pregnant today! Yeah! I was wearing a fitted tank top so it was a little easier to see my bump, but I gotta hand it the guy, it was still a risky comment to make. I could've just had a gut and then he'd have been stuck with his foot in his mouth. So here's a picture of me today which is 18 1/2 weeks:Also, I am definitely feeling the baby move now! So exciting! I thought I was feeling it a week or so ago but wasn't totally sure. Now I'm sure that's what it was because it's the same feeling but getting stronger and stronger. It literally feels like someones poking at me from the inside and of course someone is. that someone moves all around and I feel it in different places. The other night I would kind of poke back and then the baby would do it again and that happened a number of times in a row. Of course it could have been total coincidence but I think the little one was responding to me!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Sarah. My goodness. My belly is larger than yours after I eat three grapes! When are you gonna pop?

Anonymous said...

oh, Sarah, so fun! This is going to sound crazy, but reading this post made me nostalgic for pregnancy! Savor every minute! So great about your house, although I know it's bittersweet. Praying for continued direction and good timing. So glad you got the help you needed this weekend.