Jul 21, 2008

Suprise!

So, the people had the house inspection today and their guy said he thinks our attic is filled with mold. (AND JUST TO BE CLEAR, THERE IS NO PART OF OUR HOUSE OR ATTIC THAT LOOKS LIKE THAT MOLD OVER THERE.)

The real story is this. When our house inspector inspected the house when we were buying it he saw the same thing but told us that the house had most likely had a moisture issue in the past before the vent fan was installed which is what the discoloration is from. However, he said there was no current moisture issue and no live mold.

But, they are having someone come out tomorrow to test for mold. So lets hope all goes well because if this deal falls through, I might lose my mind. And I just read about how constant or chronic stress increases cortisol in your body and can lead to lower birth weight in your child. At this rate I'll be giving birth to a 4 pound baby. So you can pray for all of that!

Also, our 20 week ultra sound is tomorrow which I've been looking forward to for a month, but am now having a hard time even thinking about it or being excited about it because it's in the morning and the mold test is at 12pm and all I can think about is all the "what if's" that that whole situation holds. Hopefully that will all melt away for at least 45 minutes when I see our baby on the screen!

Right now I'm doing a surprisingly good job just praying about it, hoping for the best and continuing to tell myself that there is nothing I can do about it and we will have a lot more answers tomorrow at 12pm.

3 comments:

Angie Cousins said...

Sarah-
I'm praying against the mold! It's all going to work out! Can't wait to hear about the ultrasound!
Angie

Anonymous said...

I'm sending my least moldy thoughts your way!

Amy said...

Ugh. Mold. Good luck! I hope it's all clear!!!!

Are you finding out if you're having a boy or a girl????