Jul 19, 2008

Winds of Change

So have have you enjoyed the ride on my emotional roller coaster thus far? Well I'm sure it will continue, but that peace that I talked about flying away weeks ago, seems to be making a slow return.

I had a momentary set back and melt down when I learned last night that a high school math teaching position had opened at the school two seconds from our house! Images of a picture perfect life in the house I love with my husband being able to walk to work each day flashed before my eyes and I began to question if all the decisions made thus far were really just out of haste and fear that no other job would come up. But then I learned that it was a position for and experienced AP Calc teacher which Jason isn't even qualified to apply for. And once again, all seemed right in the world.

Each day I seem to be able to believe a tiny bit more and more that we ARE on the right path and we ARE following the Lord's leading. And with that comes more and more trust and peace that everything, all the details, all the scary what if's really just might work out.

For the first time at the end of this week I have felt feelings of excitement about moving. Before they were just fear, anxiety and sadness. But I've found myself gearing up to paint and decorate and being enthused about it. Tons of little floor plans and furniture layouts and curtains and paint colors are dancing through my head. I also find my self picturing our lot all landscaped and beautiful as I sit at my dining room table, sip my coffee and watch the sun greet the Dixmont hills that lay off in the distance of our beautiful view.

Yes, I do feel winds of change. (At least for right now ;)

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling a little better about things now. You probably wanted to kill me for mentioning the Old Town job, huh? It just seemed like a good thing to check into, in case the house deal didn't go through as planned.

I like the floorplan you drew out of your new home. Very roomy, and TWO bathrooms, woo-hoo!