Jul 22, 2008

It's a Girl....rock lady thinks....maybe.....maybe not....

So let me just start out by saying that the 20 week ultrasound experience was one of the biggest let downs ever. Perhaps my expectations were too high but I think not. It all started when we got an ultrasound technician with the personality of a rock. She had the worst bedside manner and literally DID NOT TALK. She just moved the little thing around on my stomach while she madly clicked away at the computer. She did not tell me what she was doing, looking at, looking for, what I was seeing. So after a while I decided this was unacceptable and I just starting asking her. And quite honestly I hope I was a big pain in her A**!

I was all. "What's that? What's that? What's that? What are you doing? What are you doing now? What are you looking for? What are you measuring? Is that normal? Does that look good? What's that?" You'd think she'd have gotten a clue and started volunteering the information on her own, but no. And she only took like 3 of the 3d shots and they were all the exact same shot so she really only took ONE! Uggghhh! So frustrating!

Then here's the best part. Apparently the child was not in the best position to determine the gender. So she tried to determine the gender like twice. (not for very long and not with as much effort as I would have preferred. There was a lady in before me that had an awesome technician that was like trying all these tricks and having her drink water and do all these things so that the baby would change positions.) And this is what she said. "That's not a very good shot. I don't know. I think it looks like a girl. If you go out and buy any pink, just save the receipts." And then she turned off the machine. AWESOME! Thanks a lot. For NOTHING! ROCK LADY!

Here are the pictures rock lady did get for us. I think they're pretty self explanatory.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, the good news is it is one or the other! And boy or girl we will all love it. Maybe you can talk to Debbie and she can sneak you in for another one... Love ya

Cheryl said...

I think that's a very sweet 3D picture! Baby looks like he/she is snuggled right in there.