Jul 13, 2008

New Kitchen

Per my mother's request. Here is a pictures of our new counter tops in the kitchen. A round of applause for my handy husband who worked his fingers to the bone for two weeks doing every household project known to man! And a big thanks to Joe who came and helped and lended his tools that we don't have!

BEFORE:

AFTER:And Here's a plug for the people we bought the counter tops from. We went to the home depot and the Lowes but all they had in stock was pink or green or brown and to order the ones we wanted cost 3x more and would take 4-5 weeks!

So a friend recommended TOTAL LAMINATES. It's a small operation that seems to be run by one very nice man. He had the counter tops in stock that I had wanted to put in the kitchen all along. A nice neutral gray granite look. He came out the same day just to check the measurements I gave him. He cut all the counters to size and joined the corner and had them ready for us in two days.....all for 500 bucks! C'mon now! You can't beat that with a stick! Go see the man!

Oh, and by the way I'm going to curl up in my hammock on the West Branch of the Penobscot in order to suck my thumb. Because Jason and I have worked non-stop, have barely seen each other and I wanted him to be able to have a day of fishing to unwind and be rewarded for all he's done. He said his favorite place to fish is the west branch and so that is where we are headed for today and the night. Then we return on Monday to begin all the phone calls and lining up of details for our new home!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

The new countertops look great! Thanks for posting the pictures. And what a wonderful idea to get away alone together for a weekend of fishing and hanging out in your hammock. A well-deserved rest for you both.