Jun 30, 2008

Keeping Busy

What does one do when one cannot run power tools, varnish or paint? One sews. (And finds and prices everything remotely sellable in the house for the yard sale.)

I've been pretty productive and I've gotta say I'm proud of my handy work once again. I've been cleaning the house, de-cluttering in order to "stage" it for showing and I've organized every closet in the place. I'm also prepping for a yard sale which I decided to have this weekend.

Anyhoo, Jason has this little shelf thing where he shoves all of his books and papers and such for school and it looks really cluttery. So I decided to cover it up. Got some cheap fabric at good old Marden's and whipped up this little slip cover thing. I like it.
Also, remember that blue glider rocker Jason got me for mother's day to rock the baby in? Well I didn't want it blue and I had always kind of toyed with the idea of trying to re-cover it. Well, I stumbled across THE PERFECT fabric at Marden's (the place is wonderful people!) and tackled the job off the cuff. It's no professional job but I am quite pleased and now have my very own custom rocker! Wahoo!

BEFORE:AFTER:

We looked at houses today from 89k to 107k. Scary. Very, very scary. That is all I can really say. The land is looking better and better. We'll know tomorrow if we can get a loan for it. And our house goes on the market Monday. We have to get all the painting done by then. AHHHH!

Oh, I also had my appointment with my midwife today. All is looking good. My uterus is already at my belly button and I asked her if the things I have been feeling could be the baby moving. She said it very well could be. So that's exciting. They're also scheduling my 20 week sonogram which is super exciting. We'll get to find out what the baby's gender is and then the registering for things will begin. Yay1

3 comments:

Brad and Rebecca said...

hey that chair looks awesome! Great job!

Life With My Joys..... said...

Nicely done, Sarah! I'm totally impressed! You little domestic diva, you!

Cheryl said...

Nice job on recovering the chair cushions! You are managing to keep the things you can - organized and in control in the midst of all this chaos.