Jun 2, 2008

Co-sleeper or Cat Bed? Or both?!

Wow. Today has been a great day! In addition to seeing our little one again and finding out that all is going well, some other really great things happened!
  • First, the most important of course. At the doctor's today I found out that I have only gained 0.6 pounds in the first trimester. Words cannot describe how happy that makes me!
  • Second, I am 3 glorious days away from officially being done with my first trimester and as this cold wears off I am very happy to report that my energy is returning and my nausea seems to be fading. I even got out and exercised this morning! Wahoo!
  • And third, I found the exact style and color co-sleeper that I have been looking for on craigs list for a deeply discounted price and went and picked it up today! If you do not know what a co-sleeper is, it's basically a better bassinet. It allows your baby to be at your bedside, right at the level of your bed so you can feed throughout the night without getting up and you can reach over and touch your baby and soothe your baby right from a sleeping position. Here it is!
As I was setting it up...literally before I had unfolded the entire thing, Quinn claimed it for his own. It has this zippered compartment below (not sure why it's zippered) but he jumped right in and made himself at home. He let me know how unhappy he was when I shooed him out by refusing to move and then finally giving me a disgusted meow and look as he begrudgingly moved his behind. I suppose he could sleep down there :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, that's exactly the one we have, that we also found on Craig's! I was so excited to find a mini, and in that nice neutral color. I don't have a kittie, but Natalie wanted to crawl into the underneath compartment and had a blast "helping" me fill it with the baby's things yesterday while taking a few things to use with her stuffed animals.

Cheryl said...

I love the co-sleeper. It is such a great idea, and I'm glad you found a good deal. Quin looks quite at home in there! :-)