Jun 30, 2008

Say Hello to Mr. York...and his CRAZY wife!

Well it's pretty darn official. Jason got a verbal offer for a job! (I'm still waiting 'till I see it in writing until I exhale.) But it looks like he will be a high school math teacher at Lawrence High School which is in Fairfield Maine. Fairfield Maine is about 1hr 20min drive south of where we live right now.

So you know what that means....it's movin' time. Remember that post I wrote a while back about that peace that I had found. Well here's a little evidence that I may not be as super spiritual as you may think. Because I can't seem to find that darned peace anywhere since about Thursday night when I came home from a 14 hour shift and Jason greeted me by saying, "Our realtor is coming tomorrow to take pictures of our house so he can put it on the market." Yeah, I think it flew out the window right about then.

You see, there were still some finishing touches we were planning to do before we ever sold our house like finish trim work, finish the kitchen island, paint the basement and put trim down there and oh yeah, paint the whole outside of the house. Now we're trying to accomplish that all by next weekend! And I can't do a whole lot 'cause a lot of it requires painting!

Then there is the whole moving in general...I really don't want to leave this home! It's a really bad time in the market to sell because we won't really get back what we've put into it. I really don't want to pack everything up! I really don't want to have to fix another house up! And the idea of clearing land from step one and putting in a trailer completely overwhelms me! And I really wanted to raise our baby here!

Then there's the what ifs. What if our house sells to fast and we're homeless? What if we can't get a loan for land and a trailer? What if the house doesn't sell at all and we're stuck here? What if we do get a loan and start on land and then the house doesn't sell and we're stuck with both payments? Can you see how I'm driving myself crazy?

So I spend my days freaking out. My mind is racing along with my heart and I can't sleep well. My usually loving husband has reached his patience threshold and most days wants to ship me to Abu Dabi until the entire move is over.

But none the less we are moving forward. We looked at land yesterday. And we are looking at houses today. Even thought it's the scenario that stresses me out the most, I think we are leaning toward the land trailer thing. There is cheap land 3 doors down from some great friends of ours, it would put us in the best financial situation and I would have the option to stay home with kiddos and we would get to fulfill our dream of building our own home over time. We are certainly praying for God to clearly show us what direction he would have us go in and are trying (that being the operative word there) to trust that He will work it all out.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here is to everything working out the way it is meant to ;)

Cheryl said...

EVERYONE REMAIN CALM!!! I REPEAT... EVERYONE PLEASE REMAIN CALM!

There. Feel better? :-)

But seriously, I'm sorry this is all so stressful for you. This is definitely not a good time for stress in your life. I'm keeping you guys in my prayers, that God will guide you smoothly through all of these transitions and show you the right way to go.

Maybe this would be a good time to take that self hypnosis class to learn how to relax in the midst of chaos?

Life With My Joys..... said...

Right. There. With. You.
Yep. Stressful.

Esther said...

It WILL all be okay. And GOD IS IN CONTROL. It's hard to believe those things sometime, but ask yourself when He has ever failed you?

I know that God will put you in the right place at the right time. I also know that I am not going through this right now, so I can't really imagine what it's like to be in your shoes. But we are praying and feel free to come live with us if you need to! : )

Anonymous said...

Great Job
interesting topic , I would like to read more on this topic and exterior home painting .