Jun 1, 2008

Baby Bump and Blabber

Now I may have put on a few pounds over the last almost 5 years of being content and happily married but I'd say it distributed out pretty evenly and I also have to say that I've always stayed active and kept a good figure. Soooo, this is not a picture of my added poundage. (I've only gained a couple in the last three months yay!) This is a picture of my baby bump (at 13 1/2 weeks)!
Because everyone knows their own body best, I could see changes early on and as time went by, feel my waistbands tightening. But in the last week or so I've actually started to see a bonafied little belly. And now I know I'm not imagining it. While you can't tell by just looking at me because I don't go around pulling my clothing skin tight, I do believe this picture confirms things. At the urging of my mother I had Jason take a picture. She suggested starting now and taking a belly picture each month. So we decided to let the fun begin.

My friend Esther is about a month further along than I am and she recently posted about her thoughts and feelings about being pregnant. I can identify with much of it and agree with her about being honest. At first I was SOOO excited to be pregnant I thought that the 40 weeks couldn't go by fast enough. And there is certainly still an element of "I can't wait to see our baby's face!" But now theres only 6 months left and that just seems like too short a time to get prepared!

Before when I wasn't showing at all and wasn't sick yet, I found myself in disbelief thinking it was too good to be true. Then when I got really really sick I didn't really think a super lot about the actually baby inside me because I was too focused on feeling miserable (and I think if I had thought about the little tyke in all my angst, I'd have had some serious resentment issues to work through!) But now that things are looking up and I've got a little bump it's like WHOA! I'm pregnant. There's a baby in there.

When we see a baby in person or on TV, inevitably either Jason or I will turn to each other kind of wide eyed and say, "We're gonna have one of those." The reality is certainly setting in and I find myself thinking a lot...certainly too much. I LOVE kids and we've wanted our own for a while now, but actually having them is a whole different ball game. I'm going to go through labor. We're going to have a little life in our charge, completely dependent on us 24 hours a day! Life is going to change. Things are going to be hectic and harder and juggling relationship, family, friends, work, play, the home etc. etc. is going to become infinitely more complicated and difficult. We'll need to discipline and instill values and faith and teach responsibility. Oh people I could go on and on.

We pray each day for wisdom and guidance. And I specifically pray for His grace and the ability to slow down and take everything as it comes, one step at a time! Yay babies! Thank-you God!

2 comments:

Brad and Rebecca said...

hey look at that!!! Love the updates! Don't worry about the weight you will inevitably gain...it comes off quick and is totally worth it. The strech marks...that's another story! Kidding...it's all worth it! I am so happy for you guys! The 2nd trimester will be so much better!!! And great job with the craigslist thing! We got just about everything on there!

Cheryl said...

That's the cutest little baby bump! I'm glad you decided to take a picture. It'll be fun to look back later and see how you grew and grew!