Jun 17, 2008

Baby's Frist Hiking/Camping Trip

After quite a while of feeling awful and sitting around doing nothing I was dying to get out of the house and enjoy what I enjoy most! So we planned a camping/hiking trip to MDI. A bunch of our friends are down there for the summer running Acadia Leadership Adventure so we got to visit them as well! We went down on Saturday and hiked on the quiet side of the island around Somes Sound. Then we had dinner with friends, dessert with other friends, and relaxed around the campfire for the night with friends too. We camped at a beautiful spot and the next morning we met up with friends again, had coffee in town and then browsed the shops. We headed home in the afternoon and grabbed a late lunch at Friendly's in Ellsworth because I love that place and there aren't any left in the Bangor area. It was a great weekend! Here are some pictures!

A baby belly shot from the mountaintop. I did notice that I winded and tired a little more quickly but it was nothing that some more frequent rest breaks didn't take care of nicely. We hiked a twisty turny loop that topped three peaks. Here are some pretty pictures of Somes Sound. I just love it!Here's the view from the campsite, Jason breaking down the tent and fellow camping buddies, the newlyweds Sam and Tara eating breakfast.

4 comments:

Life With My Joys..... said...

Oh SWEET Maine - How I LOVE thee! This is the sort of thing that we go in major search for out here so that our boys don't forget their roots and become city-fied! GORGEOUS!!!

Esther said...

Looks like so much fun! I am hoping Scott and I will get to do a few more camping trips this summer, but it's amazing how quickly the weekends fill up!

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous pictures of one of my favorite places! Looks like it was a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

so beautiful, very jealous :) look at those cute sleepy newlyweds! so glad you had fun. Poor Jason doing all the work :)