Jun 9, 2008

Sarah's Cure for Stress

I loved Sarah and Amy's comments on my last post. Thanks gals! I got much encouragement from them! And I also found my own little cure to relieve some stress! I cleaned...and organized...and purged.

You see, there are not many things in this world that we have control over. I learn that lesson anew each day it seems. So when things seem to be spinning elsewhere, I focus on what I can do. And what I can do is eliminate the physical chaos around me. That seems to be quite soothing for this gal.

So I emptied every drawer, shelve and hanger of all my clothing and I sorted, washed, folded and organized. I ended up with a ginormous tote full of winter clothes and summer clothes that won't fit because of my growing belly and...eh hem... shall we say, newly well endowed chest. I also got an equally large tote full of clothes that I am getting rid of.

I think I'm going to do a yard sale and what doesn't go there will go to a clothing closet. There are a number of things I'm thinking we could sell. It would simplify life, give us a little cash and make for an easier move if/when we do.

So here my closet after this organizing rampage. It's a beautiful thing. Sometimes I just leave it open so I can look at it. :)

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I wish I had your fantastic organizing ability! Also... don't forget to save some clothes for after the baby arrives. You won't be pregnant forever! :-)

Life With My Joys..... said...

AAAAAhhhhhh! Just looking into your closet soothes my soul! I am VERY much like you, my friend! How I LOVE to purge! It freaks Kev right out when I go on a rampage!!!

Sarah said...

Yes, when Jason saw my closet he told me was worried that I didn't have enough clothes left! Don't worry all, I saved a huge tote of winter and non prego clothes and I had a whole hamper full of dirty ones at the time of the picture too!

Anonymous said...

Wow--this is truly beautiful...I agree with Amy, very soothing, makes me just exhale "Ahhh..." :)