Jun 1, 2008

I Just Can't Win

For the last 2 1/2 months my life has consisted of working, sitting on the couch, sleeping and occasionally walking or gardening when I feel half decent. NOT FUN! However, now 1/2 way through my 13th week I was beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I hadn't thrown up in a a record week and a half. The nauseous all the time feeling was slowly dissipating and the tiredness was lifting.

We went down to Jason's family camp for memorial day weekend and I was actually feeling good enough to enjoy myself. We visited with all his aunts, uncles and cousins. I helped carry a few things to assist in putting the dock in. We went out on the party barge. It was great. Upon returning home on Monday I began getting a sore throat. Living in denial as I sometimes enjoy doing, I told myself it was the dry air and worked myself ragged hauling wood and logs, digging and planting, hauling dirt and spreading mulch and created a brand new garden in my backyard where the woodpile once lived.

Upon night fall I could no longer live in denial. I knew I was getting sick. I struggled through the work week, hitting the sack immediately every night to try to fight it off with sleep. But alas, my long Friday shift, little sleep on the overnight and then working till 5pm on Saturday sealed the deal. I've got a full blown sore throat, ears hurt, can't breath, awful cough, headache virus of some kind! Blah. And the worst part about it is that I can't take any cough medicine! Double blah.

And so just as I was feeling better...boom. Here I sit on the couch on a beautiful Sunday, sipping my tea and blogging to try to keep myself from going insane. But I tell you what! Once this passes I'll be in week 14 of my pregnancy and that's supposed to be the start of the honeymoon phase people. I want my honeymoon!

2 comments:

Esther Littlefield said...

It's coming! The honeymoon is coming. I wasn't as sick as you've been, but I have felt a lot better since week 14 or so.

Do you have an appt. with Debbie tomorrow? I do at 10:30.

Cheryl said...

Well, at least you got to sip tea and blog. That's kinda fun. :-) Sure hope you feel better soon.