Apr 14, 2011

Running the Boston Marathon!

Okay not me. My sister-in-law. But I'm back at that pavement pounding too and I'm gearing up for my second 5k. Thanks to my friend Noelle who suggested the Mother's day 5k on May 8th to get us off an running (pun intended). It's exactly the motivation I needed to get back into the swing of things. It benefits Maine Breast Cancer Research. The course record for women in something like 16:59. I plan on crushing that! (Insert uncontrollable laughter here!)


But really I've impressed myself. After taking a good 3 months off, I picked back up and on only my fourth run I trotted out two miles like it was nothing! I feel great. My goal is simply to improve on my first 5k time and if I stick with my training program I think I'll knock that out of the park!


Enough about my little trots though. Let's talk about this lady right here. My sister-in-law, Erin, is running the Boston Marathon on Monday!!! Her first marathon to celebrate her 30th birthday! (Now I could think of a WHOLE lotta other ways to celebrate that momentous occasion that do not include self-torture bu that's just me;) More power to her! She also hopes to run it in a qualifying time...ya know, just in case she decides she wants to torture herself some more somewhere down the line. So send some good vibes, thoughts, prayers her way Monday morning because that means she needs to run sub 8 minute miles for 26.2 miles straight. The woman has trained like a rockstar and raised money like a celebrity apprentice contestant for the charity she is running for. She has three days left and still has something like $200 left to raise if you want to help her out go HERE!!!

Run Erin Run!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!


P.S. Also a shout out to the woman running south on Rt. 4 in South Berwick today. She was truckin' right along like nobody's business...up a hill...pushing a TRIPLE stroller...with three toddlers! You're my hero!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Wow, that's awesome! I didn't know Erin was a runner. I will be rooting for her on Monday. Also, kudos to the woman running uphill with a triple jogging stroller. Wow. That's nuts! =)

Diane said...

We are so proud of Erin!

Erin York said...

Thanks guys :) Sarah - you guys are awesome. I love you! xo - E