Apr 26, 2011

Potty Talk

Just a little updatydoo.

(And thank-you to those who have encouraged me and told me that every child is ready at a different time. I don't feel pressure from others. I do have a desire to get her trained. But we started up again because SHE was showing interest in the potty and wanting to wear her big girl underwear etc. etc.)

Yesterday Ella was in undies all day and dry ALL day. She peed ONCE. At 11:15am. And not again until this morning. Seriously. How DOES she do it?

But Today? Today she's been in undies all day and peed in them 4 times and it's only 12:30pm. Can you say Jekell and Hyde? Can you say confused mommy!?

I've done nothing different. Pump the liquids. Set the timer. Try every 30 minutes and ask if she has to pee in between. Sticker for trying. Candy and Prize for going. I'm as consistant as clockwork and Ella's all over the map.

Again, advice welcome from those following the saga. Is she not ready? Or is today just a test of a different kind?

4 comments:

Christie said...

Hey Sarah,
I son didn't potty train until he was almost four. For a soild week, every hour an a half I took him to the potty and he was only rewarded if he went, otherwise, I just told him good try. He was done with naps by this point, but for bedtime, I switched him into a cloth diaper. He could feel wet more then a pullup. Since I knew he could last the night without going pee, that was just the insurance. After a month of dry cloth diapers, he stayed in undies. He's only wet a bed only a couple of times, and that was more when he was under the weather. I'd try sticking to your guns a little longer. It sounds like she can communicate very well (my son has disabilities, so that played a roll in potty training for me), and it maybe a control thing, but ask her why she doesn't want to go in the potty like mommy does? Good luck and I'll be praying for you.

Angie Cousins said...

You are doing great- just keep at it- she sure sounds like she is ready and it will just take time- and each day might be different for a bit! Just keep consistent and it will happen!

Cheryl said...

It's a process. You have to give it more than two days. Just be patient. It will happen.

Sarah said...

We have been at this for 8 days now. We did have another success this evening after a VERY long day!