Mar 7, 2009

Sew Much Fun!

What's cheaper than using cloth diapers? Using cloth diapers that you made from material your mother gave you for free!
There's been some frustration, even to the point of a few colorful words flying about. But with much patience and ingenuity I've developed a winner and a good system to get them made! How cute is this!? And I've got two other cute fabrics I'm using too!I ordered some larger prefolds and based on the % that the smaller ones shrunk in the wash I guesstemated what the final dimensions of the larger ones would be after being washed and dried and tried to sew my diapers to those dimensions. I'd say I did pretty darn good!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Those look fabulous! Does this side by side comparison mean that your new bigger diapers arrived today? You are amazing for doing all of this. I can hear the crunchiness all the way over here! :-) Sorry you had to put up with such an uncooperative machine. I found a couple of machines on ebay today that I think might be just what you need. They sew through 8 layers of denim, or even the sheerest fabrics! Cute pink ladybug fabric is available if you decide you want to make some more.

Anonymous said...

I love the pun in the title :) You crack me up!