Jul 19, 2011

The Gah-den!

Perhaps one of the most exciting things about coming home from vacation was finding my garden looking like this: Above you see carrots, lettuce, onions, spinach, yellow beans, green beans, peas, cucumbers and tomatoes. We had a little bout with some persistent bunnies so we threw up a fence (and by "we" I mean my fabulous hubby put up a fence to avoid the complete meltdown of his wife over the peas that had been munched.) to keep it safe whilst we were away and forever more for that matter. The plants grew FEET while we were away for 10 days. It was so exciting! Thanks to my mama for keepin' it watered!
Above we have cantaloup, butternut squash, some sad little watermelon plants and some rockin' pumpkins. And below is a sampling from the flower garden in July!!!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Beautiful! I am especially impressed by that double or triple day lily. Wow,those are gorgeous!