Nov 24, 2007

VIBEin'

WE BOUGHT A NEW CAR!!! Okay, so it's not brand new. I don't think we'll ever buy a brand new car. But this is new to me and probably the newest car I've ever bought. What kind of car is it that your little heart desires you ask? A trendy sedan? A rugged SUV? Ummm, no. A station wagon! Yup, that's what I REALLY wanted! But this thang is cute! It's a 2004 Pontiac Vibe and it's BLUE! (The color is really the most important thing don't cha know?) It was on the Darlings wholesale lot because it needs brake pads and two tires. And I won't discuss details, but let me tell you...it was a GRRREAT price! We're talking like 3,000 under what it usually retails for! This is what the super cute little thing looks like! True to form I did not attack this in a spur of the moment, haphazard kind of way. Oh no, there was research, there was planning...there were spread sheets comparing mgp's and safety ratings people! We started considering a new car when the old Saturn starting needing maintenence more frequently. We did our research and asked around and decided on a Pontiac Vibe as our next car about 6 months ago. Then we just kept our eye out for the right one (right milage, year, price etc.) Why did we choose the Vibe you ask? Let me tell you. It's between a sedan and an SUV. It gets great gas milage. It's quite roomy. It's kind of sporty and it's a little utilitarian with the hard plasitc backing on the fold down seats. So whether we're going camping or hiking, sequestering a muddy dog in the back, carting cargo around or packing up a few chitlins and their stuff (see previous baby post http://lifeafterstaff.blogspot.com/2007/10/expecting-baby.html) it's perfect! Can you tell I'm a little excited!?


1 comment:

Cheryl said...

WOW! Cool car! So when do I get a ride in it? :-)