Dec 1, 2007

Winter Weekend Update

It's time for another weekend update. It seems as if there is a lot of information from our ever changing lives that I've not written about. So here are some odds and ends.
Jason has not gotten a deer. Despite getting a bow and being able to hunt in the expanded archery zone, hunting as much as he could with his schedule in the regular season, and now using the muzzleloader that be begged off of a friend...still no deer. Here's hopin' for one today so he can happy, we can have deer meat and I can be reminded of what my husband's face looks like :)
Jason is loving his classes. He's begun his thesis early and has a great topic. (Don't ask me what it is...I can't remember) He retook his GRE's to get a better score on the Verbal part and scored higher than he even needed to! That means that come January, he'll have an assistantship. Sadly, he will no longer get to roam the halls of the high school looking for trouble makers and he'll be teaching college math courses! Whoah! Way to go honey! Those highschool girls are going to cry into their pillows at night when they learn you won't be back after Christmas break!

I, on the other hand, am continuing along my career path with yet more change. (translation: I'm not really sure what the heck I want to do) I am transitioning to a new job. I'll end my current job next Wednesday and start my new job the following Monday. I will be working with adults with mental health issues, helping them to gain the skills and then be connected with the resourses they need in order to live successfuly on their own. The pay will be hourly not salary, and I will have a set, predictable schedule. I like predictable. I'll keep you updated! I am also considering going back to school for my master's degree come June because re-entering the workforce I've discovered that a bachelor's degree is the new highschool diploma.

The inside of our house is decorated for Christmas and we'll be decorating the outside and getting a tree this weekend. Yay! I'll be happily listening to Christmas Carols and sipping hot cocoa in my winter wonderland by Sunday evening! God must have planned this big snow storm just for me! So I could have real snow to go along with all the other Christmas goodness!






1 comment:

Cheryl said...

We're getting SNOW?!? Huh.

And, hey, the car salesmen magically disappeared! :-)

Happy Decorating!