Dec 14, 2007

Jason's Birthday!

I know it's been a while. I thought I'd update you on what I did for Jason's Birthday in attempts to make it as special as he made mine. I started the day off by getting up and making him coffee (he's usually first out of bed) and gave it to him in a new starbucks coffee mug....the kind that you can put your own pictures in. I had put pictures of him an I in it to replace the one I made him a while ago. (It was his favorite mug but it broke.) So he really like the replacement.

Next we headed off to church. He teaches a Sunday school class. I had sneakily given a Birthday Basket of sorts to a friend of ours a few days before. The basket included a loaf of his favorite lemon blueberry poppysead breakfast bread, happy birthday napkins, forks, candles and a lighter. The instructions said that it was Jason's birthday and to put candles in the bread and sing him happy birthday and enjoy the treat together. She dropped it off in his Sunday school room and it had instructions for anyone but Jason to open and follow. His class did just that and he was suprised and couldn't figure out how I got the goodies there without him knowing.

I took him out to soup salad and breadsticks lunch at Olive Garden and then headed home and let him open his card and present, which was a new LLBean rain jacket that he needed. Then we just relaxed together until his mom, dad and sister came up to visit. We went out to dinner at the Sea Dog and then back to the house for White Chocolate Raspberry cake that I made. (I think next time I'll make it with chocolate cake, but he must have liked it because that's all that's left:) It was a good day! Happy 29th!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

That sounds like a great birthday. He got to go out to eat TWICE on his birthday! How cool is that!? That is a sweet coffe cup, and the cake looks YUMMY! :-)

Brad and Rebecca said...

NICE JOB GIRL!!! I need to take notes.