Dec 31, 2007

A New Year and some of Sarah's reflections.

Okay, so my Merry Christmas was a little belated and my Happy New Year is a few hours too early but what they hey! I'm in a good mood. Today is a great day and I'm looking forward to the new year! Why am I in such a good mood? Several reasons, in no particular order...

1.) I don't work today because I'm on a 4 days on, 3 days off schedule right now. I'm hold up in my house because it's snowing again! Yipee! And it's absolutely gorgeous outside. Here's what it looks like.2.) Also, when I went outside to take pictures, I also snapped this one: And it made me stop and realize, once again, what a wonderful husband I have. Because you see, somewhere pile deep beneath that pile of white is the truck that he drives. And here is the car, which I generally drive: So my considerate hubby, without a second thought, parks his vehicle outside to be buried by each new snow storm while mine remains warm, free of snow, and ready to drive at a moments notice. Isn't he great?

3.) Furthermore, I took these picture with the new camera we got for Christmas, which we are thoroughly enjoying. I feel like we've moved into the 21st century as far as electronics go. We got a new camera, I got an Ipod and Jason got a nice new GPS. It's been fun learning how to use them and I'm sure we'll continue learning long into the new year. Thinking about these gizmos and all of the other wonderful gifts we received (like the super soft sheets we enjoy each night) just makes me stop and marvel at how fortunate we are to have the luxury and comfort of all of these things. It's so easy to think about what we don't have. But seriously. We have SOOOOO much! Especially compared to so many people around the world. I'm awe struck when I stop to think about it. So that puts me in a good mood as well and makes me so grateful!

4.) But mostly, as this Christmas season winds down and the new year gears up, I don't want to forget the one gift that brings meaning to this life amidst all of the material posessions. And of course I mean the gift of our Savior! Seriously...what good would that digital camera be if God's creations was not there to have it's beauty captured in a picture? How much sweeter are the songs on my Ipod because most of them are ones that I can lift my voice and praise Jesus with. And what good would any sheets, even the most luxurious ones, be to fall asleep on at night if I couldn't go to sleep knowing that I'm forgiven and can rest in God's grace and wake up to a purposeful life the next day? Today has been a good day to reflect and I pray that this persepective does not dwindle in my heart tomorrow or ever!

So here's to your new year! Wishing you, not necessarily prosperity, but the peace and purpose of not only knowing who God is or that He exists, but having a relationship with Him!

No comments: