Nov 18, 2007

Raise the Bar High!

First I would like to formally apologize to all of the husbands/boyfriends for any expectations your women may now have of you. Blame it on my husband, because much like the whole ballroom dancing lessons thing, Jason has once again raised the bar high!

To begin with, he stayed up late into the night on Thursday, in order to secretly bake me my all time favorite cake (german chocolate) and then he hid it until yesterday. Yes, that's how out of it I was. Even though our bedroom is two feet from the kitchen I had NO idea that he had baked a cake. Apparently when he tried to sneak quietly into bed that night, I groggily woke up and said, "Did you bake banana bread?" To which he responded, "No. I mean, yes. Yes I had a craving for banana bread so I stayed up and made some." However, I have no recolection of this conversation.

Then he cleaned the house for me on Friday and told me I would get 26 birthday kisses on my birthday. So I woke up Saturday morning to find the house scattered with 26 balloons. I also found an envelope with a tac in it, and instructions that told me to pop the balloons every time I wanted a birthday kiss. Inside each balloon was a chocolate hershey kiss and a note with a different reason for why he loves me! Yeah. He's wonderful. (I still haven't popped them all. I'm drawing it out:)

And lastly he took me out to a birthday dinner at my favorite restaurant and then to a movie that we both wanted to see. Dan in Real Life. Which, by the way, was one of the BEST movies either of us have seen in a really long time. We were intermittently cracking up and crying through the whole thing. GO SEE IT! What a great day! What an amazing guy! Oh man. What am I gonna do for his birthday!? Quick people, I need some ideas!





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I'm SO impressed!

Cheryl said...

Wow! What a sweetheart you have there! You better think up something good for his birthday. I have no ideas, but I'm confident you'll come up with something. (I love that banana bread conversation!) :-)

Steven said...

Jason, what were you thinking? You've set the bar way to high for the rest of us...

Cut it out!

Anonymous said...

sorry man