Nov 11, 2007

Genetics Shmenetics

Some of you may wonder where I got this affinity for organization and ridiculously planned out shopping. Well, it's not genetic I'll tell ya that....at least from my mom anyway. My mom HATES shopping and waits until the absolute last minute to do it. And she has a REALLY hard time deciding what to buy because she worries way too much about whether or not the person will like it. (Me...if I see two things a person might like, I take five seconds to decide and if I haven't made my decision by then, I eenie meenie minee mo it and get a gift receipt in case they want to take it back.)
Well, all of that to say that my mom's aversion to shopping actually works out great. Because on my whirlwind of a shopping day yesterday I saw a sweater that I ADORE! I tried it on and loved it even more! My birthday is in a week and knowing my mom had not gotten me anything yet (since it was not the day of my birth or the 24 hours preceding it) I hopped on my cell phone in the dressing room...still wearing the sweater...and gave her a ring. It went like this:

Me: Hey mom. I'm at Old Navy wearing a sweater that I really love! (Then I went into a lengthy description of what it looks like) It's 30 bucks. Want me to buy it and you can pay me back and that can be my birthday present?

Mom: Sure! This is great! I could shop like this all day!

Me: Sweet! Thanks...I'll show it to you sometime!

Mom: Great! I can't wait to see what I bought.

And there you have it. Mom doesn't have to brave the ridiculous crowds or fret about if I'll like something. I get exactly what I want without having to return anything or make a list or try to describe what I like! It's a win win situation. And now...for your viewing pleasure (and so my mom can see what she got me for my birthday)....ME! In my B-E-A-UTIFUL new sweater!

Oh, and P.S. I changed the user name on my blog to just "Sarah" and put a picture of just me up because let's face it, Jason hates writing, and It's really just my blog.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love your new picture (sorry you got booted, Jason)! And I must say, that IS a beautiful sweater I got you, isn't it? Can we do all of my Christmas shopping this way? :-)

Esther said...

That is usually how my mom buys me things, too! In fact, for my b-day, Scott went with me to New York & Co (my favorite store) and we picked out a ton of stuff (almost all on clearance) and then I called mom, said, "hey, you wanna buy me this stuff?" and she said yes. She was a little bummed that she didn't get to wrap it for me (I wore it on my birthday!)