Oct 22, 2007

Expecting a Baby?

NOPE! (Ha! I knew that title would reel you in!) But if you visited the oil room in my basement, you might think so. You see, I'm quite the bargain hunter. I love getting things really cheap. The only thing I love more that that is getting things for free!

It all started about a year ago when I saw a (Kelty brand) baby hiking carrier for super duper cheap! (They retail for 100 big ones or more!) I thought to myself, whenever we do have a baby I know we'll be hiking with it and we'll need a pack like this. Who knows if there will be a deal this awesome when that time comes! I just have to snatch it up! I was unsure of how Jason would react to the proposed purchase, not wanting him to think the baby pressure was comin' on. Suprisingly he concurred with my frugel reasoning and agreed. And thus it began...

Since then I've racked up a baby bathtub, a baby bjorn carrier, some toys and a few clothing items (at no cost to me whatsoever!). "Having a baby is a major financial endeavor!" I proclaim in my head each time I'm tempted...."The more I can get now, the less we will have to spend when the time actually comes! How freeing it will be to already have stored up so much!" It seems so justified when I put it this way!

Well folks, it may be getting out of hand. It's true. I can hardly resist any baby related item that's discounted by even 5 dollars! I almost bought a crib the other day at Marden's for 75 bucks. I'm tellin' ya...it was a NICE crib and if I had had $75 dollars to my name at the time you can betcha it would've been in my trunk and headed to my house in 2.2! And today I added a solid maple changing table and a diaper bag (Eddie Bauer diaper bag no less) to my growing collection. They were free! How could I say no!?

6 comments:

Amy said...

Sarah...it might be time for a baby :) Take the plunge!

Anonymous said...

I do the same thing! Well, except not for a baby! But I collect things for when I get married or have my own apartment/house. I have a whole set of dishes already! :-)

Anonymous said...

Whoopee!!!

Anonymous said...

Um... if you find stuff for free that you think I might like, it wouldn't hurt my feelings :)

I definitely love this idea. Jeff will freak out if I start bringing home diaper bags. His reaction will be totally worth it, even if a baby is pretty far down the road!!!

Anonymous said...

If free baby stuff is what you're into, I've got PLENTY! Two cribs, two car seats, mountains of clothes and all the other trimmings. I can hook you up for a boy or girl, you know!

Sarah said...

Hot Digity Kirsten! Next time we come to visit we're bringin' a UHaul!