Oct 20, 2007

Bustin' a Move

I am sorry to inform you that we did not go a dancin' this last Wednesday. Jason and I are both feeling under the weather and needed to rest so that we can get better, still go to our jobs and make money. Okay fine, perhaps we are also turning into a bit of old fogies. Because heaven forbid we be out bustin' a move until the wee hours of 9 o'clock pm! Then we wouldn't get home until 9:30 and surely wouldn't be in bed until 10:00, oh my!

But let me update you on last week. We continue to excel in our dancing. There are no longer two groups. There are three and we are in a group all by ourselves! (I guess that's not really a group then.) But I'm actually serious about this. The last session went like this: The instructor put us in a corner and we danced there by ourselves unless one of two things happened 1)She came over to teach us a new move, or 2)She came over to ask us to demonstrate steps for another couple so that they could advance to the next step (which is SO like...at least 2 steps behind where we are).

So the illness and break from dancing for a week will be good for all. It will give others a chance to catch up and make us not so bored at the sessions. I guess the one downfall is that there will be no one to demonstrate :)

Here is a list of the skills that we now know: a ladies underarm turn, a return (which we can do like a gazillion in a row of) and and an around the waist. In the waltz we know how to do the basic box, how to turn in the box, and how to do a hesitation. It's beautiful, we float around like butterflies (that occasionally step on each other's toes). It's quite fun and, besides the times that Jason has to take a break because he's getting motion sickness, we have a blast!

And lastly, the instructor told Jason that if she ever teaches a salsa or cha-cha dancing lesson he should come. (Now, I'm assuming she meant that he should come WITH me, but that was most definitely not verbalized.) I'll gave her the benefit of the doubt and chalked it up to a compliment not a come on. But then he explained that he didn't think he'd be good at that because of the whole thing where he can't move his lower body independently of his upper body and it looks as if his hips are fused in place. And she told him that he should come to one of her belly dancing classes! HA! Can you picture that! Wow, cracks my right up! Not that Jason would ever do that, but she better back off! ;)

I'm sorry that I do not have a picture of us dancing. I don't think that I'm brave enough to take a camera to class but perhaps we will cut a rug at home and have one of our friends snap one for y'all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh you crack me up! That is something I just can't picture- Jason belly dancing! Hope you guys feel better soon, so you can get back to your dancing.