Jan 2, 2011

What to do with those Christmas cards?

Don't throw out all those wonderful Christmas cards and photocards you get every season. Especially for those of you with littles, turn it into a fun craft project! I started this last year. And it's easy.

1.) I cut up all the cards, keeping the sayings, picturs and scriptures I like the most. Then I cut all the photos of friends and family out of the photo cards.

2.) I tape two pieces of regular 81/2 x 11 paper together and arrange all my treasures in a collage and attach them with scrapbooking double sided stick'ems.

3.) Take my little creation on over to any office supply store where they professionally laminate them for like $2.50. And Voila! Very wipable placemats that are very fun to look at, especially as the years pass and you can look at how everyone is growing and changing!

5 comments:

anxiousknitter said...

What a great idea! Never thought of doing anything like that :) I have been known to take some of my favorite cards and cut circles out of them to use as ornaments pasted to our advent tree - my mom used to do it when I was little!

Angie Cousins said...

Fun idea! Now I'm glad that I didn't take down the Christmas cards quite yet!:)

Life With My Joys..... said...

Oooh. Super cute. Too bad I chucked all mine. Dang. Great idea for birthday cards too!!! Too bad I chucked those, too. Double dang. Here's to a new year!!!

Beautiful post earlier, by the way. I love you, sweet friend. Praying for you guys. Thanks for sharing.

Maggie said...

Aww, cute idea! I use the old christmas cards as tags on gifts the following year. :-p If they have too much writting on them, I set them aside. When I get enough, I'm gonna make a wreath like my mom did. :) But I like this idea, and I'm sure there will be many opportunities to try it! :-p

Steph at Modern Parents Messy Kids said...

What a great way to re-use!

I also posted on this today, please check out my Christmas card look book for babies and toddlers here:

http://www.modernparentsmessykids.com/2011/01/christmas-card-look-book-for-babies-and.html