Jan 5, 2011

My Darlin' Two Year Old

I tried to get a picture of her in her cute little horsey dress last Sunday. Instead I got her showing off her new favorite past time. Seriously. She LOVES to pick her nose. And she's not shy about telling you why. "I got boogies," she'll declare.

I really do not know where the time goes. I still think of her as my little baby. But the facts are undeniable. She's sleeping in her big girl bed like a champ (read: her crib with the side taken off.) She's moved up to the 2's & 3's class at church and the child can say absolutely anything. And she does. And she's specific as all get out. Yesterday while playing upstairs with Jason she said this:

"I need some Daddy's chapstick. Daddy go downstairs get chapstick in room. I stay here. K?" (The child's been dealing with a lot of colds lately. What can I say? Her lips are parched!) That is not a rare occurance. She speaks that much and that specifically all the time. It's really hard to deny that she's getting to be quite the big girl when she talks to you like that.

Currently I'm listening to her lull herself to sleep. She stays right in her bed. (Only tested it once and not ever again.) But she does like to babble and talk and sing until she falls asleep. In fact...I don't think she's ever NOT talking unless she's asleep...and then sometimes she even talks in her sleep. Thus far I've heard these things:

"Dear Lord, Thank-you to God. Thank-you these pictures. AMEN!!!"

"Hey, it's cold out there!!...I put some socks on."

Several rounds of "Happy Birthday" to you sung to many a different individuals...herself, her friend and Hunter all included.

One round of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and now we're on to "Holy, Holy, Holy".

Too Cute!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I cannot believe that she is in a bed. She is growing up so fast! I love the comment that she made about being cold and needing socks. And talking until sleep is just like her Uncle Adam when he was her age. Always on the go and never silent!!

Anonymous said...

You have such a beautiful family! I don't know if you will remember me, we met when you went to school in Orono, we hung out a few times and even talked me into going on a summer project, which ment me missing your wedding. Anyway, that was ages ago now, and can see how God continues to bless you. He is good, all the time!

Sarah said...

Ooo, who are you anonymous? I think there are quite a few people who I talked into going on a summer project :) But my first guess is Christie? Am I right!?

Christie said...

You are correct!

Christie said...

email if you want it: goldielc6@yahoo.com