Feb 21, 2008

Vermont Fun, Day One

Although I had gone to bed at 4am Sat, I could not sleep past 9am. So I got up and had a lazy morning. Had a wonderful chat with Jenn over coffee about her new relationship and the happenings of her life. She's a hoot.

Then round abouts 2 o'clock Steph and I went and picked Jenn up from Campus and they gave me a tour of their favorite spots in Burlington. My fave was Recycle North. It's essentially a thrift store but they also have Recycle North Construction where they sell so much great stuff from boards and trim, to windows and doors, to light fixtures and tiles, to cupboards and countertops. All of the goods are donated, mostly ripped out of homes that are being demoed or remodeled. What a great way to conserve and not be wasteful!

We then hit other fun craft stores and discount stores in the area and I picked up a few odds and ends that were only a dollar or so here and there. You know how I love a bargain!

Back at the apartment I crashed pretty hard due to my 5 hours of sleep. Jenn and I huddled for warmth under, like 100 blankets because the apartment was so cold that we could see our breath! After a few cups of coffee I caught my second wind and stayed up till bout midnight.

The evening ended with an amazing meal of charred steak, sweet potato fries and salad cooked by the chef extrordinaire herself, Stephie! Then Jon, Jenn, Steph and I played Settlers of Catan! A little known game to the greater population, but practically a job requirement to know and play if you are on staff with CCC. So much fun, and alas, Jon ended up winning as Jenn declared, "I'm dating the Lord of Catan."

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Wow, sounds like a great trip! So glad you had a fun time with your friends in Vermont. So, when are Steph and Jon getting married? And does Jenn feel right at home in the cold temps of Vermont, as if she is back in Kazakstan?

Sarah said...

Jenn is dating Jon and Steph is marrying Ryan in August just for clarification. And Jenn is loving Vermont!

Esther said...

Yay for road trips and Settlers! Sounds like you had a great time. Talk to you soon!

Life With My Joys..... said...

Oh, how I wish I could have gone to that awesome old store with you and bought tons of window panes and shutters and such. I LOVE that kind of stuff. Oldies.....