Feb 9, 2008

Life As We Know It

I suppose I shall update you on our life.

First up, per my usual, I recently became emotional/bored and decided the best remedy was to do something to my hair. Instead of cutting it, per my usual, I dyed it brown and got a funkier layered cut. I love the cut. I thought I hated the color at first, but it's growing on my and I'm pretty sure its my natural color as it matches my eyebrows remarkably well. We'll see. (Note: My hair will not usually look this good as I rarely take the time to style it. And Note: to anyone who lives near me. I'm still pretty fragile regarding the whole thing, so if you see me and hate it, lie through your teeth and say I look fabulous, unless you want to see a grown woman cry ;)

On a more serious note, I am really enjoying work. I love the people I work with. I love the clients. My schedule has not really become regular yet but I have hopes that it will soon. Most of all I love being in the social work field again where I am constantly exposed to social injustice. It's not that I like social injustice. It's that I think I was getting a little too complacent in my bubble and not making an effort to go out and keep my eyes opened to the social injustices in this world which I really am so passionate about changing. Now I am immersed in it because of the clients that I work with and the things that they face and there is no way to turn a blind eye, there is only a choice, stand by or do something. Love it!

Jason is no longer a hall monitor. I don't how they're surviving without him! He got an assistantship through his masters program. Here is what that means. He teaches a college algebra course and in return gets his tuition payed for and gets a paycheck per month that is only 40 bucks less than mine! So his schedule looks like this. MWF he has one hour of office time, then one hour of sitting in on a class, then he teaches his class for one hour. And then he takes a 2 1/2 hour class on Monday and a 2 1/2 hour class on Wednesday. Pretty sweet stinkin' deal if you ask me! He's enjoying it. The stories he comes home with now are about irresponsible, whiny young adults who don't turn there homework in, skip class, give lame excuses and then want him to give them a break. He doesn't. His whole class isn't like that. Just a handful, but those are where the good stories come from. I don't know how he does it. He must really be cut out for this!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I wish I would have read your blog before you came over and I saw your new look. Because then I would have said, I really, really LOVE it! :-)

It was so nice having you over for a bit. You should show the beautiful pillows you made!

And congrats to Jason for moving up in the world! He looks very relaxed about it all in that photo.

Esther said...

First, your hair looks great. I almost didn't recognize you when I saw your picture on facebook! Second, thanks for your comments on my political commentary. I sometimes hesitate to write about that sort of stuff, but I figured, hey, why not tick off a bunch of people today?
Anyway, I'm glad you guys liked Settlers! We'll have to do another game night soon.

Life With My Joys..... said...

Hey! I loooove your hair! Seriously. Makes me want to go out and do something wild and fun with my tigress mop! Thanks for your comments on our blog! Loves...