Feb 14, 2008

Crafty Creations

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone! I have the day off, and so does Jason. Isn't that lovely!? I got the day off because I have a doctor's appointment today and Jason...well he has every tues. and thurs. off lucky bum! So I thought I'd catch up on my blog and tell you about my latest crafty creations.

Last Saturday was wonderful. I slept in, then got the whole house clean (you know how much I love that feeling!) and then went to visit my mother, whom I feel like I haven't seen in forever! We chatted, she made me cocoa, we watched House ...it was marvelous. I also took full advantage of using her sewing machine (as I often do) and made some beautiful throw pillows for our bed. I love to decorate and I've been wanting to dress up the bed for a while but pillows are so darn expensive. I finally decided to go get fabric and make them. Mom helped me hand stitch the final seams and here is the end result! I LOVE them! I think they are better than anything I could have bought, I made 4 for the same price 1 store bought pillow would cost, and I got to spend time with my mom to boot. You can't beat that with a stick!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I enjoyed our time together, too, and those pillows look wonderful on your bed! Glad you and Jason got a day off together today.

And thanks for the helpful advice about my gimpy knee.

Esther said...

Those pillows are awesome! Yes, throw pillows are expensive and I usually try to buy them on sale. But yours are like the fancy kind that would cost $20 or more! Great job ; )