Feb 22, 2008

Bye Bye Vermont, Day Three, Headed home

After another latish evening watching movies I slept 'till 8ish and then Steph and I went into Burlington to stylishly sip coffee at her favorite Coffee Place off Church Street, Muddy Waters I think it was called. SOOOooo great. The inside is all done in rugged post and beam with brick walls and decorated with very earthy materials like plants and cool drift wood.

After that we headed back to Recyle North Construction to pick up some goods. Any person updating/decorating their house needs to have a Recyle North Construction near them. I got two bifold doors for $30 bucks. Alas! I shall finally have doors on the office closet instead of curtains! I also snagged a few old 6 pane windows for $2.50 each and I plan to use them to decorate in a very shabby chic kind of way.
With Vibe loaded up I hit the road. After a few adjustments to make the bifold doors stop squeeking and banging every time I hit a bump, I was cruisin' (unless I was stopping to snap pictures that is). The ride home was amazingly beautiful in an unexpected way. It had warmed up to 56 degrees! By the time I hit route 2 it was still just as warm but it had clouded up and the light quality was really neat. The cold snow covered fields beneath the warm air gave off an eerie yet beautiful foggy, misty glow. I wished so badly that I could have gotten pictures. But with my mother's voice in the back of my head, I decided against pulling over on Route 2, in the fog, where there was no shoulder. (Aren't you proud mom!?) There was one spot where there was a store parking lot to pull into and I snapped a few pictures, but by that time it didn't look nearly as cool.
I made it home safe and sound and here I am! What a great trip. Thanks for having me Steph and Jenn!

3 comments:

Life With My Joys..... said...

Thou shalt not covet Sarah's pane windows and all of the treasures that she purchased at the awesome old store....thou shalt not covet....

Cheryl said...

Yep. Very proud. Sorry my voice in your head made you miss some good pictures! :-)

Steven said...

Wow, Sarah, those pictures you took are amazing!!!