Feb 15, 2008

14 Things I Love

A day late I know, but a bunch of my friends did this and I thought it was a great idea to reflect on the positive. So here goes:

1.) The Lord. Perhaps you think that's trite, and I may not always reflect it well because I'm human, but in attempts to keep Him first in my life I shall list Him first.

2.) My amazing (and I do not use that word lightly, he is a wonderful man and he is wonderful to me) husband.

3.) My family. Even thought I do not see them as often as I would like, I cherish them and love them so very much (my sister called me out of the blue to see what was up yesterday and I just love that!).

4.) My friends. I'm not intrinsically a people person or a super social person but I do love being with my friends and am so grateful to have such wonderful ones!

5.) My puppy love...Mr. Hunter. Hands down the most beautiful golden retriever in the world!

6.) My Kitties. Mr Quinn, the coolest, hungriest can in the world! and his sassy counterpart Gabby.

7.) Beautiful fluffy snow and world covered in a sparkling blanket of it!

8.) Mountains! Looking at them is awe inspiring but particularly, hiking them and being at the top to admire the amazing view.

9.) The ocean. Not being in it, per se, as I am a bit afraid of large, wavy bodies of water, but being by the ocean and looking out at it's vast expanse. It's beautiful and it puts things in perspective of just how small we are in this world and reminds me of the greatness of God.

10.) Cadbury mini-eggs! I know it's quite the switch from the others but those little bits of heaven are the best candy every created!

11.) Laughing. Not a little tee-hee, but a good, eyes watering, belly hurting, rolling on the floor laugh about something.

12.) A good cry. Sometimes nothing makes you feel better than a good cry, and there are very sad things in this world so why not let it out!

13.) Snuggling up in the corner of my couch, in my comfiest clothes, with my down throw over me and watching a good movie, tv show, or reading a good book.

14.) Photography. Taking beautiful, thought provoking pictures, or looking at ones that others have taken. It's one time that you really get to see the world through someone else's eyes.

I agree with my friend Amy, 14 really is so few. I could go on an on, but I'll stop there for now.

1 comment:

Life With My Joys..... said...

Ahhhhhh! A GREAT 14, I must say! Makes me a little sheepish that I did not list the Lord first on mine. And I did 28!!! Mine were a wee bit more non serious, I must say. Yours were fab. Esther's too. Did you read hers? Still lovin your blog. Know what else I love? I love that you LOVE your hubby, you know? That's so great!! I can tell that you guys REALLY REALLY love each other. So important for others to see. A great gift to your kids someday, too. Loves.....