May 4, 2012

Falling to Pieces

Miss me?  It's been a while I know.

After the first trimester I (naively) thought my pregnancy would be smooth sailing from there on out...because it was with Ella.  Not so my friends.  Not so.  The short of it is, in the past few weeks I've been diagnosed with severe anemia, started taking the hippiest, most absorbable, all natural iron suppliment out there but it still seems to have thrown my whole digestive tract from one end to the other into a major rebellion, AND in the last few days some excruciating low back and pelvic pain has entered my world (perhaps because the baby's gone head down and is now putting all sorts of pressure in all sorts of fun new places).  I feel like I've fallen to pieces in a VERY short period of time! 

Consequently, I've not been blogging.  In fact, I've not been doing much of anything.  This whole anemia things is really not for the faint of heart.  Sure it may sound unassumine, but it makes lifting my arm feel like a major undertaking.  (That wasn't even a joke.)  So I've been doing my best to just make it through the days... being a half okay mom, mustering something that resembles order and cleanliness in this house, attempting to keep food around, and trying to stay awake until Jason gets home.

Can I just say how INCREADIBLY thankful I am that Jason gets home from work at 3:30.  I DO NOT know how I would survive if he did not.  Because he pretty much comes in the door, I give him a kiss, and directly go take a nap.  Even WITH a nap, I have literally gone to bed as early as 6:30pm some nights.  Lately it's more like a rockin' 8pm but holy hannah.  It doesn't matter how much sleep I get, it doesn't make a dent.

Apparantly that's normal.  I've only been taking the extra iron for a week.  It takes at least 3 to build up a new supply of baby red blood cells and and AT LEAST a month, they say, to start regaining energy.  Are you kidding me!?

So here I am, shuffling about my days, wearing my super hot fannypack strap-on rice heating pad (because it's the only thing that even begins to touch the back pain) and praying that this too shall pass...more quickly than not!

So if you want to send up a little prayer for me that'd be much appreciated! 

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I'm sorry you are feeling so awful. I will try to be a better, more helpful mom! Love you!