Dec 18, 2009

Freakin' Out!

We learned yesterday that we did not get the house we've been waiting on for a month now. We were the highest offer but the best we can determine, someone else had more cash, had not even the contingency of a home inspection, or was going to get their loan through the bank that was selling it. Oh well. I am bummed, but I prayed all along that God's will would be done and I am believing that it has been.

SOOooooo, another house came on the market Wed. It also, is bank owned. It is listed by the same realtor as the last one. And just like the last one, we looked at it the day after it was listed and made an offer. And just like the last one...so did several other people! AAAarrgg. This is getting frustrating.

Everything feels so rushed with these dirt cheap bank owned, multiple offer deals that I don't even know how I feel about the place!

It is in Kennebunk which is a really nice town. It is on a dead end in a nice neighborhood, but still rural. It is on one acre of land, wooded all around with a walking trail out the back. It was built in 1994. It needs NOTHING except to replace the carpet and paint. It has a beautifully landscaped rock wall planter along the whole front and a great big, flat yard that would be perfect for family fun. It's a very good price.

But it is small. It's a typical ranch and all the rooms are just pretty small. And the way it's laid out would make it very difficult to rearrange the floor plan. Jason says we'll finish half of the basement into family room and guest room. He says we'll build an addition down the road, but I'm sketched out about rooms in basements and I'm still not sure that would fix things and not make the floor plan feel funky. And I'm skeptical that we'd even build that addition.

It would be great for us right now, it would just fit all of our things. It's just. We talked about this being our last move. The house we'd be in until we retire. I don't see enough space for another baby, for growing kids, for birthday parties and Christmases, for get togethers with friends, for family reunions, for guests and family to come and stay.

I don't know. I just don't know. My head is reeling as I revert to my typical worrying, overanalyzing self. And that is why I'm Freakin' Out! Sorry, no pictures, no cuteness, no funny. The end.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

The location is beautiful! The house is cute! It will be fun to plan your eventual additions, etc. etc. Are you convinced yet? I'm praying you will learn to LOVE it!

anxiousknitter said...

I'm so sorry to hear the house deal fell through - it has to be very frustrating when you are sure you'll be the ones in it.

And, it is so very important to consider all those things you mentioned before you commit to buying. If having a larger family and having room for gatherings and holidays is important to you, and I know it is, then you may have to reconsider. As much as this 2nd house seems like it would be perfect right now, don't let temptation sway your judgment. I know how badly you guys want to be in your own home. I'm praying that God will show you the right home, one that fits all your wants :)