Dec 1, 2008

Say What you REALLY mean!

See that cute man with that cute dog there to the left. It's a good thing he's so darn cute.

I tried this new idea that I got from a magazine called REAL SIMPLE. You take the pictures you have on your walls already and wrap them like presents and hang them back up. I love to wrap...it's festive...and it's very inexpensive.

So I spent a LONG time meticulously wrapping my photos, varying the paper, coordinating the bows, curling ribbon etc. Look how good they came out! He comes in and I stand tall waiting for him to soak it all in and I ask with proud excitement, "How do you like the pictures!?"

His POORLY veiled response of disapproval went like this, "(long silent pause as he takes in the scene.........) They're....umm....different."

I bust out laughing. He sheepishly chuckles and says, "What?"

I reply, "I'm not stupid. I know what that means. That means you do not like them." He laughs harder. "Why don't you just say what you mean honey?"

He begins the attempted back pedal, "No, I like them. They look nice. I mean, if I were decorating I wouldn't choose that particular look but...no I mean...They look GREAT honey!"

Oh silliness. Little interactions like these just crack me up. Thought I'd share!

No comments: