Apr 28, 2008

Spring Has Sprung!

Maybe Spring sprang for most of you weeks ago....but not here. The lovely woods that give us privacy in the back yard and the way that the house is situation in relation the the sun shades our property in such a way that allows feet of snow to linger on our lawn long after the snow has disappeared from everywhere else...even our next door neighbor's lawn...go figure!

Soooo, the snow is finally gone! Yeah! And I have been productive today. I raked the entire back lawn and got all my gardens in order and things are actually growing! These pictures may all look the same to you and be boring as heck, but they intrigue me! Sooo, here's my yard and gardens! Enjoy!


This is all my hard work raking. See all those piles? See how far they go back? Impressive I know!
These are Peonies that I transplanted from the side of the house to the front lawn and I didn't know if they would make it. Yay they lived!
Likewise this is a tiny little rose bush that I transplanted to the front lawn. It's a downright miracle it's budding because the first year we lived at the house Jason hacked it down because he didn't know what kind of plant it was. And last year I asked him to dig it up so I could move it and he hacked the roots all to pieces. I thought for sure it was a goner!
These are orange tiger lilies in flower beds that frame the end of our driveway. It is IMPOSSIBLE to kill these things and they spread like wildfire!

In this flower bed there is flox, lupines that haven't come up yet and some pretty yellow and orangy flowers that my momma gave me.
Here's some more orange tiger lilies and also some pretty stuff my momma gave me that's not up yet.
And these beds that line the back of the garage have purple and yellow irises coming up on each end. The other little green you see is a blue delphinium popping up (my fave) and there is also some echinecia that's not up yet.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Well, I for one am very impressed! Your yard and gardens look so neat. I'm glad to see that most everything survived, especially the little rosebush. And your lillies are up way more than mine. Wow!

But isn't it just wonderful to see things starting to grow again? I think it's miraculous every spring!

Esther said...

Nice job Sarah. I am super excited about all my plants coming up too - you're not alone. I am not much of a green thumb, so it's a wonder I can keep things alive. Perennials are the key.

Anyway, I hope things start to bloom soon - I already have several things in bloom. Yay!