Apr 26, 2008

I Showered at Work on Friday...

I showered at work on Friday morning because I didn't have any heat or hot water. Do you want to know why? Good, 'cause I want to tell you! While I was at work Thursday, Jason decided to "re-route" a cable wire so that it would not be running across the corner of our living room anymore. So he took a drill and drilled a hole down through the living room floor.

You read correctly. I didn't leave anything out. There were no other steps prior to this drilling that I speak of. There was no planning, no measuring, no marking and sure as heck no checking downstairs to see what was underneath.

So he drilled right down through the floor and right on through a hot water pipe. Awesome! He shop vac'd up the ensuing flood and then called his friend who helped him cut out the damaged piece of pipe and sauder in a new one. He waited until I got home at 9pm to turn the water back on and experience the joy of finding out if it worked or not.

Guess what? It DIDN'T work! He was all, "Stand here and shine this flash light on this pipe and tell me what happens." I was all, "Okay." He turned the water on and I heard a God aweful sound like nails on a chalk board combined with a screeching cat combined with an eerie rumble you would hear just before a large explosion. And then water came shooting out of all the "well saudered" holes with rocket force and started spraying all over the living room walls and floor. I began screaming. There was much screeching very similar to the stove sparking fire incident. However this time there was also feet stomping to get his attention in the basement and yelling, "NO! NO! Turn it off! BAD! NOT GOOD! DIDN'T WORK! FLOOOOD! AHHH!"

I'd been pretty cool about the whole boo-boo...until this point. I got mad. After a 14 hour day I just wanted to come home, watch Grey's for the first time in FOREVER and go to sleep in order to work at 7am the next day. Now, the house smelled horrible, I was nauseous from the smell, I was really cold, mad and looking forward to no shower in the morning.

I woke up the next a.m. to a freezing cold house, threw my stuff together and muddled something really sweet as I left like, "I love you. I'll be back at 7am tomorrow morning. You've got 24 hours!"

He went about his Friday, came home, cut out the pipe, re-saudered in a new piece, turned the water on, cleaned up the ensuing flood and called a repair man who fixed us up for a mere $150. So Awesome! And that's why I showered at work on Friday morning.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

So maybe I spoke too soon in my raccoon comment about you being blessed with such a wonderful husband? :-) Good grief! Hope all is back to normal today and you can have a shower and some heat!

PS... that Word Verification is a pain in the gluteus maximus!

Esther said...

Wow - that is definitely a mistake that I don't think he will live down any time soon. Anytime you do something wrong, you can just say, "Remember when you drilled a hole through our floor and created a flood?" Hehe. Anyway, glad to see that you are back to blogging - I was missing your hilarious stories! Also, I hope that Champ was okay from that raccoon incident! I am lucky that our dogs haven't encountered a coon or skunk over the years...

oh, and I agree with your mom about the word verification.