Mar 17, 2008

Ice Fishing Redeemed!

That's the days catch right there down below. Three togue and three salmon. That's what we brought home between the four of us. (But I caught the two larger salmon:)This was my kind of fishing! I am now on a work schedule that is good and bad. The great is that I work three days a week! Wahooo! The not so great it that I work a 10hr day, 14hr day and then 16hr day. So, Friday when I got home at 11:30 I was exhausted! Jason had invited three friends up to spend the night and fish the next day. They woke up at 5am. I yelled, "For the love of God it's too early!" and then rolled back over and slept until 9:30. I had a leisurely breakfast and then headed out at 10:00am with Erika, the other sane person that decided catching fish is not worth getting up at 5am for! When we reached the town of Enfield we telephoned the boys and they headed over to pick us up on the snowmobiles and give us a ride to the spot. Just the way I like it. It was a gorgeous day! So warm and sunny that I didn't even need to be inside the shack. And then ten minutes after I arrived,thanks to my snowmobile chauffeur, a flag went up and I reeled in this shiny little Salmon (pictured below). It was like 18 inches or something. A little later there was another flag and Jason thought I was just stuck on bottom but I told him I knew what I was doing and kept on fighting the fishy and reeled in another Salmon almost identical to the first.We ate some snacks, soaked up the sun, played with the puppy love and then packed up. Brian caught another togue when he was pulling up his trap and that made for a perfect end to day as he had just said, "Man, I really wish I'd get one more flag before we leave." The boys then Gave Erika and I a ride back to the car and we sauntered on home. Now that's my kind of ice fishing!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Ugh. Those are some long work days! Sounds like a fun weekend, though. And you didn't even have to blank out the background scenery this time. Nice fish. And doesn't that Mister Hunter love him some rollin in the snow?! :-)