Jan 28, 2008

A Rare Glimpse

I know I haven't posted in a while. Life's just been the same old same old. But I've recently had a burst in blog-worthy experiences and I'm dying to share. The following is a conversation that occurred in our home the other night that provides rare glimpse inside the brain of one Jason York.

The Setting: Sarah is watching an infomercial about an amazing food chopper. Jason is trying to fix the stove. He cannot see the TV but can hear the audio.

Jason: (Out of the absolute, frickin' blue) "Sometimes it's really fun when I can't see the TV but I can hear the sound. I like to make up my own stories in my head about what's going on according to the sounds I hear."

The TV: Wolf Gang Puck demonstrates how his food processor can chop ice in seconds flat. Some woman with way too much makeup on completely overreacts, "Wow!" as if he has just performed some kind miracle right in front of her eyes, "That was amazing!."

Jason: "Like that one. That right there was someone getting their arm sawed off and then some lady watching was like, 'Wow, that was incredible!'"

Sarah: Completely laughing her bum off.

Jason: "Did I just say all that out loud?"

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

ROFLMHO!!! (That's laughing my head off, not the "A" word!) :-) This was hilarious. Glad you're back.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Sarah, that was hilarious! I'm sitting here with Jamie on my lap and she keeps asking me, "Mom, what's so funny? Let me see!" But I can't show her anything because it's not the pictures, it's the words and it would do no good to read it to her because she wouldn't get the humor! So I just laugh and she just bounces up and down on my lap as I tell her what a funny writer her cousin is!