Jan 5, 2008

Productivity

Despite the fact that I did not emerge from under the covers until about 11am, today has been a very productive day! I took full advantage of sleeping in until 9am and then stayed nestled under my covers watching TV with the animals for another few hours. Don't think I got out of bed because I finally got motivated to do something with my day. It was purely because, by that time, every television show was either a children's animated cartoon or an infomercial and I could no longer justify my laziness by saying I was catching up on "current events" (read: the Britney breakdown and celebrity dish) by watching the "news" (read: The Sat. Morning Early Show).

But believe you me, once I hauled my bum out of bed I hopped to it! I made a list and went to town. I cleaned the entire house, watered and repotted plants, took down the Christmas decorations, organized, labeled and stored them and then went through all of my junk in the basement, sorting, tossing, donating and organizing. Soon our whole basement storage rooms will be a delight to my eyes with every item labeled and stored in nice neat rubbermaid tote towers! The extreme amount of joy that this brings me raises some concerns about my sanity, but what can I say, I love organization almost more than life itself!

I'm pretty exhausted, but it feels great. It's been a good and productive day! Now I shall eat my Olive Garden leftovers from the wonderful dinner date Jason and I had last night (thanks to a generous gift card from his brother for Christmas) and all will be well with the world!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Amazing! I got up at 7 a.m. and got absolutely nothing done yesterday! Can I hire you to clean and organize my house? :-)

Brad and Rebecca said...

i love it! Totes are the best.... I think i'll get that done this week too.

Life With My Joys..... said...

I hear ya about the whole organization thing! Man oh man - how I love it! I love organization, non clutter, and the simple life SO much, that I am tempted to name our daughter
"Simplicity" if we ever have one. Seriously.....that's how much I love things simple, tidy, and in order. Hard to do with two wee ones, but we constantly work at it!! It's good for me to not be so anal, I guess.....Good post!

Cheryl said...

Hola! I am liking your site. Did you notice you have a blog spammer? They're turning up everywhere lately.

Also, guess what? I volunteered you guys to play hosts to Amy and family when they and the in-laws get on each others' nerves! Wasn't that thoughtful? :-)