Jul 23, 2010

Laser Beam Focus Baby. Laser Beam!

"I might be going to San Diego for a month," Jason announced two Tuesdays ago.
"Umm, Okay. When would you leave?" I asked.
"Monday."

Thank the Lord he didn't end up going on that month long trip on such short notice. This schedule oriented little lady wouldn't have dealt well with such drastic, sudden change!!! (although we would have joined him in sunny California for a bit.)

But he did head to D.C. for meetings this week. He flew out Tuesday and got home at 12am on Friday, only to eat breakfast and head in a little late to work to pull a 12 hour day followed by another 12 hour day tomorrow. Just in case you were wondering...that's on top of 10 hour days last week, and a 10 hour day last Saturday. AAAAaaand he'll also be pulling 10 hour days next week too.

Needless to say I have felt like a single parent! But I must admit. Aside from an all out meltdown the first night daddy wasn't with us at dinner (Ella not me), we have done remarkably well. I even managed to do three loads of laundry, keep the house just as neat as when he left, AND paint our entire bedroom!!!

Because my chances of seeing my hubby in the next two days are slim to none, while my chances of going absolutely batty after a week of "single parenting" are moderate to high, I've skiddadled up to my mom's for a quick Fri/Sat visit and will also be helping a very preggo friend paint her nursery!

It's not forced overtime that he's working. It's optional. So why are we putting ourselves through all of this? Because we are laser beam focused on one goal...DEBT FREE LIVING.

That's right. We spend money only on what is necessary. We have a strict budget that Jason brings home in cash and puts in little white envelopes and when there is no more money left in that envelope... that's it for the month baby so spend wisely!!! Every spare penny and every dime of that sweet, sweet time and a half over time pay gets thrown at debt. It might sound strict, but it's incredibly freeing! I can't wait until the day that we are completely debt free...imagine how much more we can give! Imagine how we'll live then!?

Big sacrifices now...big reward later. Eye on the prize...and on the family camping trip coming up this weekend! :) (Don't worry, we'd never be so extreme as to let it jeopardize our relationship or our babe!)

Stay tuned for pictures of the Master Bedroom/Bathroom redo. You WON'T want to miss it!

1 comment:

anxiousknitter said...

Good for you guys! I'm so happy you are able to make those kinds of sacrifices now so you can live fully later ;) You have all my respect and encouragement!