May 19, 2008

A better day

I think I just accidentally deleted my last post when trying to edit it.? Oops! Oh well. Today was one of those few and far between better days. I had to get out of the house to go to appointments and get five vials of my blood drawn and pee in a cup (always awesome carrying a cup of your own pee through the hallways!) But anyhoo, that got me out and about and I picked up some mulch and felt good enough to garden a bit.

I weeded all my gardens. Planted some purple aster in the front and some white flowers in the back that I don't know what they are but they smell darn good. I also mulched the front gardens...found out I'm a few bags short but once I finish that off my gardens are set and all I'll have to do is weed and watch them grow.

This front garden is always in the shade so it comes up slow. But my hostas and poppies are finally coming through!

Here's the purple aster I planted. I'm all about the perenials!
Here's the back garden looking good. I planted those little white flowers today.
Here is a close up of the flowers. I thought they were honeysuckle but I think I'm wrong. I just call them that because they smell like honeysuckle...sooooo good! So does anyone know what they are? Are they annual or perrenial? If you know please tell me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking really nice Sarah! I have to finish working in mine...no mulch yet... Glad to hear you are feeling better!

Cheryl said...

You deleted your nausea & diarrhea post? Oh, too bad. That was a classic. :-)

I don't know what those white flowers are. I was going to guess phlox until I saw the closeup. Didn't they come with a little tag that says what they are?

Your flower beds all look so neat and tidy! My yard and gardens look like an overgrown jungle, and I can't seem to find the energy to do anything about it.

Esther Littlefield said...

I am not sure what those white flowers are either. I also still have to mulch my garden. Plus I got 4 new pots of plants today that I bought from someone at work for a fundraiser, so now I have to try to figure out where to plant them! I'm running out of space...

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah,

I worked at a greenhouse for 5 years....looks like Sweet Alysum. They're annuals and also come in pink!