May 12, 2008

Awww, you shouldn't have!

I kept telling people this wasn't my first Mother's Day. I said, once I give birth to a child and have it in my arms then it will be my first Mother's Day. But they just wouldn't hear of it. My mom gave me a bag full of newborn goodies. Gowns, t-shirts (these things I now know are called Layette apparel) an adorable sleeper and two of the cutest bibs I've ever seen. Actually holding the tiny little clothing in my hands an imagining a little one there to fill them out makes it all a little more real!
And I also got another early Mother's Day present a few days before. One night Jason and I were laying in bed and I was just about asleep when out of no where he spastically said like a little kid, "When I get you something I just really want to give it to you now! I don't want to wait!" and then laughed a devious little laugh. I asked what it was for and he said "Mother's Day" I told him I wasn't a mother YET so it was perfectly fine for him to give it to me now instead of on Mother's Day. With that green light he jumped out of bed and ran out of the room, screeching back around the corner only to close the door and tell me I couldn't come out until he said so. I heard him go outside and come back in banging things around. When he let me out I went into the living room to find this:He got me a glider for the baby's room! I love it and it's super comfortable! What a sweetie! I swear I have the best husband in the world!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a mother! Growing that baby counts! Love you! Congratulations!

Esther Littlefield said...

I agree with Jess - you are a mom - you just haven't met your baby yet! And great job Jason for choosing such a fab gift! That would look perfect in my nursery...

Cheryl said...

I just couldn't resist getting a present for the mommy to be. Rest assured, there will most likely be lots more coming in the future. I'm a sucker for cute baby stuff! :-)

And Jason got you a wonderful Mother's day gift! That chair is beautiful (and comfy, too)!