Dec 24, 2011

The Best Gift!

Normally two of my favorte smells are a crackling fire and freshly brewed coffee. However, presently, if you come within 10 yards of me with a cup of coffee in your hand I will likely grab said coffee from your hand and fling it out the nearest window...mug and all. And if I even so much as drive past your house and a waft of woodstove smoke manages to seep into my car I shall no doubt curse your name.

NO, I'm not losing it. I'm carrying the best gift of all this Christmas, a new little baby due to arrive in July!!!! It has been a long two year wait, along with three rounds of clomid which literally made me feel INSANE and whos crazy hormone elevating effects have made for a horribly sick momma this first trimester...but it is beyond worth it to be able to announce this news and we are over the moon!

Some of those two years I was patient, content, trusting and at peace. But I'll be honest, other times I was bitter, upset, sad and depressed. It was much the same rollercoaster of life and faith that we faced in our almost three year wait to get pregnant with our beautiful little Ella. No matter which phase I was in at the moment I would constantly repeat that God was in contorl, His will and His timing were perfect, and whatever would be was what was supposed to be. Sometime I believed myself when I said it and sometimes I didn't. But here I stand, growing a new little life inside of me (that honestly at times feels like it's sucking the life out of me :) and I am beyond thankful for every second of it.

I'm coming right up on 12 weeks. We truly, truly, truly covet your prayers for a full term pregnancy and a happy, healthy little love in the new year!

Rejoicing and praising God for this and so many other answered prayers this year. May you and yours have a blessed Christmas!!!

7 comments:

Life With My Joys..... said...

Oooooh, Sarah! I knew it! I just KNEW it! Oh my word - I am so very happy for you and so excited....and so stressed about your lack of maternity clothes because of me.

My clothes are your clothes, dearie. I have saved them all - you are much smaller than I, but I do have several items for all of the seasons, really. Let me know if you want them. They are yours.

Oh man....I still feel so terrible about losing everything. I am so so sorry....

Anonymous said...

So excited for you Sarah! Congrats! Also I echo Amy's comment - I have lots of maternity stuff and some of it might fit you. Let me know if you want to check it out. I'll be in Portland next weekend...

Sarah said...

You two are sweet. Amy, when I said all is forgiven I meant ALL is FORGIVEN. No need to ever fret or think about it again. Really <3. And Esther, how kind you are but I doubt there's anything in your closet maternity or not that would ever fit me! :). We'll figure something out. I'm only 12 weeks, not even showing in the slightest and won't need anything for a while.

Christie said...

Congrats! That is so awesome Sarah! I will be praying for you and baby #2. Such a wonderful blessing!

Cheryl said...

I pray for you and that little baby every day! I am so happy for you, Jason, and Ella!

Diane said...

We are so happy for your family, Sarah....I know how much you have prayed for this. You and J are such wonderful parents!!

Diane said...

I am so happy for you and Jason..You are such wonderful parents!