Sep 29, 2008

Adventures in Trailerland

Well, we’re back! In the area that is, not online yet so blogging may still be few and far between. We’re finally living in the trailer for good. But it’s been quite the journey getting here so I thought I’d just highlight a few rich moments.

We were staying here a couple nights a week so I didn’t have to commute over an hour to work and back. We stayed on an air mattress and the first week we did this, we had no electricity, which meant no water. I cut myself off from fluids at an early hour and prayed that I would not have to pee in the middle of the night, but alas I woke up with a killer leg cramp and my first thought was, “CRAP! Now I have to pee!” We now live the middle of a giant 3acre field and I wasn’t about the walk all the way to the edge of the woods and let the coyotes eat me. I also was not going to deal with getting the step ladder to climb down from the trailer (We didn’t have any steps yet either.) SOooo, I just hung on to the doorway for dear life and hung on out over the door jam and let ‘er flow.

Then there was the time that I woke up at 2am in shivering convulsions because it was freezing outside (We also have no heat). We only had two thin blankets and the cold air of the air mattress beneath us and nothing else in the house really to speak of. We piled on as many clothing layers as we possibly could without cutting off our circulation, gathered all the towels we had in the house and put them over the top of us and snuggled together for warmth to save our lives. That was a good nights rest!

We then got plumbing hooked up but still no electricity so we graduated to being able to go in the toilette but had to flush with buckets of water. Then there was the time that I was there in a rainstorm and water started leaking in our bedroom window with the strength and speed of a fire hose. And then when we finally go the electricity turned on and could examine things up close and personal we discovered that the toilette tank in one bathroom leaks so we can’t use it and the tub floor is cracked and not water tight in the other bathroom so we can’t use that. Oh and did I mention that we have no stove or heat because there is no power to either and we have to get an electrician to figure out why. I tell ya what. THIS is the life!

Here's a few pictures. A view from our living room window and the Living/Dining/Kit before picture. It looks so different now! More after pictures to come....

No comments: